Go natural on your big day
Here are our essential nail care tips for gorgeous natural nails on your big day
- Have a manicure four weeks prior to your wedding day. This will kick start your nail care routine and gives you a chance work out what shape works best and try some colours (French manicures are still really popular with brides)
- Once your nails are manicured don’t let them grow too long, nothing is worse than a broken nail right before your wedding day. Just file them a little bit every few days to maintain a neat, natural shape
- Look after your cuticles – use cuticle oil or balm religiously. Not only does this keep your cuticles supple and moisturised it keeps pesky hangnails at bay
- If your nails are prone to breaking or brittle apply a good nail hardener every couple of days
- Don’t use your nails as tools. Concentrate on using the pads of your fingertips when you reach, grab, hold and type. Remember, girls don’t open cans – that’s why boys were invented!
- Book in for your manicure the day before your wedding. This will mean your nails are looking shiny and fresh for the day.